Signature Cream Of Peanut Soup
This is so delightful and we call it our energy soup...
Author: Alaska Seasoning Company
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts (optional for garnish)
- ½ stick of salted butter
- 1 medium sized red onion chopped medium fine
- 4 celery ribs, chopped medium fine
- ½ stick butter for roux
- approx. 3 tablespoon of flour for your roux
- 8 cups of full flavored chicken base/stock
- ¾ teaspoon Kodiak Cajun Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 2 cups 100% natural Adam's peanut butter is best
- 2 cups ½ & ½
- Using a large soup pot add butter, celery, onion and Kodiak Cajun Blend
- cook till onions are caramelized this is a great flavor booster for your soup.
- Now add 4 cups of your base/stock cook on high for 4 minutes till boiled.
- Pour into a sieve into a large bowl and strain, press leave about 3 minutes.
- Pour liquid in bowl back into large soup pot turn on medium heat
- Now in a small egg pan add ½ stick butter and melt using a whisk add flour to melted butter and whisk till you see rolling bubbles.
- Pour your roux into your hot soup pot and turn up the heat till boils while whisking to blend.
- Add remaining base/stock and the peanut butter, continue to whisk and blend for 3 minutes.
- Turn your heat down to simmer and cover for 12 to 15 minutes, stir occasionally.
- O.K. your amazing soup is almost done.
- Now all you do is add ½ & ½ whisk your soup and serve.
- I love to serve this with a loaf of homemade bread or rolls.
- Bon App'etit