Author: Alaska Seasoning Company
- 1 Pie Shell 9” for all the ingredients. I cheat here, I purchase a pie shell and pull out my 9” glass pie plate let the frozen shell thaw.
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Eggs
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ½ Cup Seafood (Imitation Crab) or any seafood you like, such as Shrimp, Halibut or even Salmon is amazing. (well drained)
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Bristol Bay Seafood Seasoning
- ½ red onion
- ½ cup of Can or Fresh Spinach (optional) (well drained)
- ½ Cup Medium Cheddar Cheese
- ½ Cup Queso Fresco Cheese or any farmers cheese you choose, here is where you can have some fun. Use any cheese that you think will compliment not overpower your seafood. This is why I use a medium and white blend.
- If you want to kick up the heat a bit add 1 teaspoon of Kodiak Cajun Seasoning…
- Turn oven to 350
- Place eggs, cream, nutmeg into a bowl and whisk.
- in a pan put coconut oil, seafood, onion and spinach, Bristol Bay Seafood Seasoning and the Kodiak Cajun if you want it with a little kick, cook till el dente
- Here is where I cheat a little, I take a frozen pie shell that is thawed and place in in a well oiled glass 9" pie plate, then I shape it to fit and seal any cracks or breaks that may have happened, by pinching and pressing. This my not go all the way up your edged of plate but that is O.K.
- Place all my pan ingredient on top of raw shell.
- Pour whipped Egg and Cream ingredients on top of pan ingredients.
- Put shredded Cheese on top of egg mixture evenly
- Place in oven for approx. 55 minutes at 350.
- Tap center of quiche to have bounce back to see if done. If it is semi firm to the tap, it's done.
Thanks Giving Orchard Harvest Turkey
Fun, delicious and easy to do. You may also go to our cooking videos and see Chef Ernie walking you through the process. Look for Orchard chicken under our video tab.
Author: Alaska Seasoning Company
- 2 Cube Butter
- 2 Oranges
- 2 Apples
- 2 Cups turkey broth
- Gold Rush Seasoning Salt
- Denali Sea Salt Seasoning
- Remove neck & giblets from both cavities at both ends.
- Place a riser into your roasting pan, place turkey breast and legs up, tuck wings so bird is level.
- Pour your broth into bottom of roasting pan
- Cut up Apples and Oranges into large wedge then cut wedge in half
- Cut both of your butter cubes into 8 pats each.
- Very careful separate skin from meat on top of breast and place one cube into each side between the skin and meat.
- Squeeze the oranges on top of bird and throw the whole thing into the bird cavity.
- Toss the apples into the bird cavity.
- Sprinkle the top, sides, legs, wings with the Gold Rush Seasoning "Don't Be Shy"
- Sprinkle top, sides, legs, wings with the Denali Sea Salt Seasoning, this will add flavor and texture to your skin. "MMM"
- Cover the bird and make sure the lid does not touch the bird.
- Below is a cooking chart for the size of your bird.
- When your bird time is up CHECK YOUR TEMPERATURE! 165 Core temperature.
- When your core temperature is 165 degrees or higher, remove lid and turn up oven to 400 for approx. 10 minutes. Watch this carefully, get the bird to the golden color you want. Watch it close so you do not burn.
- Base Cooking in a standard oven at 325 degrees
- Weight Time
- ½-7 lbs. 2-2½ hrs.
- -9 lbs. 2½-3 hrs.
- -18 lbs. 3-3½ hrs.
- -22 lbs. 3½-4 hrs.
- -24 lbs. 4-4½ hrs. .
- -30 lbs. 4½-5 hrs.