SLOW OVEN ROAST CORNED BEEF
Author: Alaska Seasoning Company
- For Aging:
- 4 cups olive oil
- 4 cups balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup Aurora Borealis Sea Salt Medley
- ¼ cup Denali Blend Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Kodiak Cajun Blend
- ½ cup medium brown sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon snapped into 4 pieces
- 8 whole clove
- 8 whole allspice berries
- 12 whole juniper berries
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- For Slow Roasting:
- Julienne cut one medium red onion
- Julienne cut 3 medium carrots
- Julienne cut 3 stalks of celery
- Julienne cut 6 strips of bacon
- 2 cup beef broth
- For Aging: Put all aging ingredients in an 8-qt. stock pot and bring to a high heat, enough to dissolve salt, sugar and allow spices to infuse into liquid. Turn off heat and allow to cool to 45 degrees. Place your brisket into a 2-gallon bag and poor cooled mixture into bag and place in container in the refrigerator for 5 days. Remove & rinse with cold water.
- For Slow Roasting: Place the beef broth on stove top in the Dutch Oven and bring to a boil. Set oven temperature to 300 degrees. When the broth has boiled gently place rinsed brisket into Dutch Oven and put lid on. Place in pre-heated oven at 300 degrees for 2 to 3 hours until fork tender. When fully cooked remove from oven let rest for 10 minutes and slice against the grain.
- Bon Appetit!