Thanks Giving Orchard Harvest Turkey
Fun, delicious and easy to do. You may also go to our cooking videos and see Chef Ernie walking you through the process. Look for Orchard chicken under our video tab.
Author: Alaska Seasoning Company
- 2 Cube Butter
- 2 Oranges
- 2 Apples
- 2 Cups turkey broth
- Gold Rush Seasoning Salt
- Denali Sea Salt Seasoning
- Remove neck & giblets from both cavities at both ends.
- Place a riser into your roasting pan, place turkey breast and legs up, tuck wings so bird is level.
- Pour your broth into bottom of roasting pan
- Cut up Apples and Oranges into large wedge then cut wedge in half
- Cut both of your butter cubes into 8 pats each.
- Very careful separate skin from meat on top of breast and place one cube into each side between the skin and meat.
- Squeeze the oranges on top of bird and throw the whole thing into the bird cavity.
- Toss the apples into the bird cavity.
- Sprinkle the top, sides, legs, wings with the Gold Rush Seasoning "Don't Be Shy"
- Sprinkle top, sides, legs, wings with the Denali Sea Salt Seasoning, this will add flavor and texture to your skin. "MMM"
- Cover the bird and make sure the lid does not touch the bird.
- Below is a cooking chart for the size of your bird.
- When your bird time is up CHECK YOUR TEMPERATURE! 165 Core temperature.
- When your core temperature is 165 degrees or higher, remove lid and turn up oven to 400 for approx. 10 minutes. Watch this carefully, get the bird to the golden color you want. Watch it close so you do not burn.
- Base Cooking in a standard oven at 325 degrees
- Weight Time
- ½-7 lbs. 2-2½ hrs.
- -9 lbs. 2½-3 hrs.
- -18 lbs. 3-3½ hrs.
- -22 lbs. 3½-4 hrs.
- -24 lbs. 4-4½ hrs. .
- -30 lbs. 4½-5 hrs.